on The CultCast: SEE, Morning Show, For all Mankind—here are our reviews of Apple’s new TV shows—spoiler free! Plus: the one part of AppleTV+ that needs a total overhaul; and Apple’s new HomePod update includes a new hidden talent.
This episode supported by:
The NETGEAR Orbi WiFi 6 router gives you ultra-fast speeds and wider coverage throughout your home – it’s the biggest revolution in WiFi ever. Check it out today at your local Best Buy and at Netgear.com/bestwifi6.
Our thanks to Linked In for supporting this episode. A business is only as strong as its people, and every hire matters… head to LinkedIn.com/cultcast and get a $50 credit toward your first job post.
- CultCloth will keep your iPhone, Apple Watch, Mac and iPad sparkling clean, and for a limited time use code CULTCAST at checkout to score a free CleanCloth with any order at CultCloth.co.
- Cult of Mac's watch store is full of beautiful straps that cost way less than Apple's. See the full curated collection at Store.Cultofmac.com.
Come say hellooooo!
The BEST subreddit you are going to read, ALL week long! thecultcast.reddit.com
This Week's Stories:
- Apple’s new service streams the highest-quality 4K content yet. Better than all the rest.
- That’s according to new tests that measure the bitrate of video streams. They reveal See has the highest bitrate so far, closely following by The Elephant Queen.
- See’s average bitrate of 29 Mbps, which can peak to 41 Mbps, is the highest measured so far. The Elephant Queen averages around 26 Mbps, while Dickinson peaks at around 24 Mbps.
- The idea of the TV app, introduced in 2016, was to combine all the TV shows and movies from all of the apps and unify the viewing experience into a single interface, with a combined Up Next queue.
- How about a nice, relaxing rainstorm to help you fall asleep? Or some white noise to fill the space left by your grownup children when they left you behind to start their own lives? If you have a HomePod running iOS 13.2 or later, your smart speaker stands ready to help blank out the soul-bleeding silence of your empty life. You just need to ask.