In this week's CultCast:
Yosemite beta is not for the faint of heart; William Shatner is the coolest grandpa ever; to take on Apple, Microsoft doubles down on design; Apple inches closer to a digital wallet; why the Apple on your iPhone 6 could glow; iBeacons are a marketer’s best friend; and then… if you could ride any animal into battle, what would it be? We’ll answer that question and more on an all-new Get To Know Your Cultists.
- Lynda.com: With over 2,000 high quality video courses taught by industry-leading experts, Lynda.com will help you master virtually any application, all on your own time and at your own pace. Learn all you want for free for 7 days with a free trial.
- Oyster: Oyster is simply the Netflix of ebooks. It is a beautifully designed subscription based app that gives you access to read unlimited ebooks for just $9.95 a month. Oyster is providing a better way to read by creating instant access to half-a-million ebooks. Head over to oysterbooks.com/cultcast and you'll get your first month free.
Links to today’s topics:
- Mac vs. PC - Computer Cart
- Wishful Drinking, by Carrie Fisher
- Born Standing Up, by Steve Martin
- EntreLeadership by Dave Ramsey
- OS X Yosemite beta goes public — here’s how to get it
- William Shatner Reviews Facebook Pages app
- Microsoft makes design central to its future
- Apple’s mobile payments solution could arrive in the iPhone 6 this fall
- Apple orders insane number of new iPhones, but 5.5-inch model faces setbacks
- iPhone sales climb steadily, iPad sinks, but Apple still rakes in $7.7 billion in Q3 profit
- Glowing Apple logo could serve up alerts on iPhone 6
- All the little tweaks Apple added to iOS 8 beta 4
- GIF Brewery
- A look at the redesigned iTunes 12 in OS X Yosemite beta
- Apple’s iBeacons are paying off for advertisers in a huge way