In this week's CultCast:
With over 300,000 followers, we welcome back professional (and paid!) Instagramer Cory Staudacher to share his iPhone photo editing tips and reveal which camera apps he relies on daily. Plus, why our cities deserve municipal internet; unlocking your iPhone gets legal… again; great changes on the horizon for Apple's Podcasts app; and our musings on the freshly-updated 13 and 15-inch MacBook Pros.
Squarespace: Squarespace is the all-in-one platform that makes it fast and easy to create your own professional website, portfolio, and online store. For a free trial and 10% off, visit http://www.squarespace.com and enter offer code “CultCast" at checkout. A better web starts with your website.
Smile Software: If you haven't tried TextExpander from Smile software, you’re missing out on one of the most useful apps available for the Mac and iOS. TextExpander saves you time and effort by expanding short abbreviations into frequently-used text, pictures, code blocks, and more, and it's an application we use every single day. Try it out for free: http://smilesoftware.com/cultcast
Links to today’s topics:
- Net neutrality was just the start. Can the FCC keep states from banning public Internet?
- Marsha Blackburn
- Comcastic service disconnection
- Real Time with Bill Maher
- Apple acquires podcast recommendation app Swell
- Accidental Tech Podcast
- The Talk Show with John Gruber
- Back to Work
- Senate clears bill that will make it easier to unlock phones
- Prepare for throttling: Verizon to curb unlimited data this fall
- How a dev who couldn’t code built one of world’s hottest photo apps
- VSCO Cam
- Withhearts by Cory Staudacher
- Cortex Camera
- Cory Staudacher on Skillshare
- Refreshed Retina MacBook Pros get a speed and memory boost
- Hilton Hotels turn iPhones into room keys
- Announcing EA Access for Xbox One