In this week's Cultiest of Casts:
Steve Ballmer lands the perfect job; NFC and your iPhone make credit cards obsolete; iPhone 6 gets even faster data access; new photos give us our best look yet at a 4.7-inch iPhone 6; Apple wins their first Emmy; APPL stock hits an all-time high; and, behold, Podcasting turns 10! Oh, and it’s growing like crazy, too.
- Lynda.com: With over 2,000 high quality video courses taught by industry-leading experts, Lynda.com will help you master virtually any application, all on your own time and at your own pace. Learn all you want for free for 7 days with a free trial.
- Squarespace: Squarespace is the all-in-one platform that makes it fast and easy to create your own professional website, portfolio, and online store. For a free trial and 10% off, visit http://www.squarespace.com and enter offer code “CultCast" at checkout. A better web starts with your website.
Links to today’s topics:
- What is ALS?
- The Ice Bucket Challenge explained
- Tim Cook takes ice bucket challenge at Apple HQ beer bash
- Beats co-founder Dr. Dre accepts Tim Cook’s Ice Bucket Challenge
- Hulk Hogan takes the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- Screaming Steve Ballmer Is Excited to Own Clippers
- The best of Steve Ballmer
- Steve Ballmer steps down as board member at Microsoft
- Leaked schematic points to NFC’s arrival on iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 will use new Qualcomm modem for 50% faster LTE
- iPhone 6: Qualcomm MDM9625 Modem Inside, Say Bye Bye To Cat 6 (Report)
- Partially assembled iPhone 6 leaks ahead of September keynote
- Scott Hirsch from Lynda.com
- Apple diversity report reveals company is 55 percent white
- Apple wins an Emmy
- $AAPL is back: stock closes at all-time high of $100.53
- Carl Icahn on Wikipedia
- Carl Icahn on $AAPL
- LOTR- Saruman's Speech
- Christopher Lee
- 10 years of podcasting: Code, comedy, and patent lawsuits
- Overcast: Podcast Player
- The MacCast