In this week's CultCast:
With Apple's big Sept. 9th media event just around the bend, we dust off our crystal balls and reveal our iWatch and iPhone 6 predictions! Plus: The Fappening. How did so many high-profile celebrity nudies leak for all to see? And is an iCloud flaw responsible for the debacle? We’ll tell you what happened, how it happened, and what you can do to help keep those sensitive selfies safe from prying eyes.
- Squarespace: Squarespace is the all-in-one platform that makes it fast and easy to create your own professional website, portfolio, and online store. For a free trial and 10% off, visit http://www.squarespace.com and enter offer code “CultCast" at checkout. A better web starts with your website.
- Automatic: Plug Automatic into your car's data port, and paired with their beautiful app, you'll be able to find your parked car, learn how to save fuel with tips based on your actual driving, and even diagnose and turn off your car's check engine light. See it out in action and save 20% off your new Automatic now at http://www.automatic.com/cultcast.
Links to today’s topics:
- Automatic smart driving assistant brings its dashboard to the web
- August 2014 celebrity photo leaks
- The Happening (2008)
- Mark Wahlberg Talks to Animals
- Alleged iCloud hack sees nude celebrity selfies sold for Bitcoins
- Apple says iCloud is not to blame for leaked celebrity nudes
- Meet the police forensic tool pervs used to steal celebrity iCloud nude photos
- The Police Tool That Pervs Use to Steal Nude Pics From Apple’s iCloud
- 1Password - Password Manager and Secure Wallet
- Frequently asked questions about two-step verification for Apple ID
- ElcomSoft Password Recovery Bundle
- Apple Partnering With American Express on New iPhone Payments System
- Apple Teaming Up With Visa, MasterCard on IPhone Wallet
- Apple, Nordstrom in Talks to Partner on Payments
- iWatch Said to Be at 'Engineering Verification Test' Stage, Components Now in Production
- iWatch could cost as much as $400 for highest end model