In this week's CultCast:
The reviews are in! We’ll tell you what people love and don’t about the iPhone 6. Then, RIP, iPod Classic. We remember the humble beginnings of the device that built the new Apple. And finally, Apple announced a base price of $349 for the Apple Watch, sure, but the prices for the other editions might make even Rolex envious. All that plus the lesser know features of iOS 8; how to get U2 out of your iTunes; and a new social video app has taking more selfies than ever.
Squarespace: Squarespace is the all-in-one platform that makes it fast and easy to create your own professional website, portfolio, and online store. For a free trial and 10% off, visit http://www.squarespace.com and enter offer code “CultCast" at checkout. A better web starts with your website.
Macpaw: MacPaw makes an application called CleanMyMac 2 that helps you safely clear-out all the junk and extra files that are on your computer so you can reclaim space. It will also help you completely uninstall apps along with their residuals. All this is done safely through a safety database and using a series of rules and exception. You will save 30% of you order using the link http://macpaw.com/cultcast.
VARIDESK: VARIDESK allows you to work from either a standing or a sitting position, and makes it easy for you to switch positions as often as you like. It’s a retrofit adjustable platform that sits on top of your existing desk. When you feel the need to stand, simply raise the VARIDESK up using the convenient handles on either side. Simply reverse the process to return to a seated position. Check them out at VARIDESK.com and enter CultCast in the "how did you hear about us" section.
Links to today’s topics:
- Steve Jobs introduces original iPod
- Erfon tweets about refreshing the Apple Store's webpage
- The iPhone 6 (And 6 Plus) Go To Disneyland
- Matthew Panzarino
- Apple Announces Record Pre-orders for iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6 review
- iPhone 6 Plus review
- "Who wants a stylus?" - Apple - Steve Jobs at Macworld 2007 in San Francisco
- iOS 8: Tips, Tricks, and Details
- Apple's guide to iOS 8
- 18 hidden iOS 8 features you probably didn’t know about
- iOS app devs warn customers off iOS 8's iCloud Drive
- An illustrated history of the iPod and its massive impact
- U2 - Achtung Baby
- U2 - Rattle and Hum
- Blink-182 - All The Small Things
- Apple launches site to help you remove U2’s free album forever
- Tiiny — Share tiny photos & looping videos
- Tim Cook on Charlie Rose
- Apple’s two-factor authentication now protects iCloud backups
- PayPal slams Apple Pay in full-page New York Times ad
- Apple confirms iPhone 6 NFC chip is only for Apple Pay at launch
- Apple will make 15 cents for every $100 spent on Apple Pay
- John Gruber - Apple Watch: Initial Thoughts and Observations