On this week's CultCast...
This week: how Steve Jobs and the industrial design team saved Apple. Plus: the reason Jony Ive now has a chauffeur; one year with the Apple Watch; and we reveal the strange cultural phenomenon we’ve been secretly loving in an all-new What We’re Into.
This episode supported by:
Freshbooks, the easy-to-use invoicing software designed to help small business owners get organized, save time invoicing and get paid faster. And I can vouch for this from experience, it also makes tax time a cinch. Get started with a free trial at Freshbooks.com/cultcast, and please enter “CultCast” in the “How did you hear about us?” section!
Let’s face it, CultCloth isn’t for everyone. But if you’re obsessive about keeping your iPhone, iPad, Mac, DSLR, glasses, and other gadgets in sparkling clean condition, you’ll love ‘em. Check them out now at CultCloth.co, and use code “CultCast” at checkout to score a free 8x8 CleanCloth!
We also want to give Kevin MacLeod at incompetech.com athanks for the great music you hear on today's show.
On the show this week:
- Intro - Steve Jobs intros the iMac DV
- Is this the Apple Car????
- Why the departure of Apple designer Daniel Coster matters
- A year after its launch, it’s now clear that pretty much no one needs an Apple Watch
- Apple Watch shipments predicted to fall 25 percent this year