Did you know about Apple’s super secret 90-day return and exchange policy? We’ll tell you what it is, and how to use it if you’re unhappy with your Apple purchase, but outside of your 14-day return window. Plus: quest to trade up-the story of three MacBook Pro owners trying to get Apple trade in their newly purchased 2018 MacBook Pros for models with the brand new—smoking fast—Vega 20 GPUs.
And finally, and most importantly: 🦃 🦃 YAAA’AALL! It’s our most and least favorite Thanksgiving meal picks. Happy Thanksgiving everyone, we love ya.
This episode supported by:
- The experts at Casper work tirelessly to make a quality sleep surface that cradles your natural geometry in all the right places. And for a limited time, you can save 10% off any Casper purchase.
- Gantri offers over 30 unique 3D-printed lights created by independent designers from all over the world, and unlike typical 3D-printed things you see, Gantri’s 3D-printed lights superbly nightlights and beautiful to behold. Check them out in AR at gantri.com/cultcast, and use code CultCast at checkout for $20 off.
- Opsgenie empowers Dev & Ops teams to plan for service disruptions and stay in control during incidents. It also gives teams the power to respond quickly and efficiently to unplanned issues. Visit Opsgenie.com to sign up to get a FREE company account and add up to 5 team members.
- CultCloth will keep your iPhone Xs/Xr, Apple Watch, Mac and iPad sparkling clean, and for a limited time use code CULTCAST at checkout to score a free CleanCloth with any order at CultCloth.co.
- The Cult of Mac Watch Store has the best straps in the biz!
- We also want to give Kevin MacLeod at Incompetech.com a thanks for the great music you hear on today’s show.
Come say hellooooo!
The BEST subreddit you are going to read, ALL week long! thecultcast.reddit.com
Notes and Links:
- According to the Wall Street Journal, Apple has reduced its orders for both the iPhone XS and iPhone XR.
- Apple’s stock is not at $177 as of this writing, down from an October high of $232! That’s a drop of almost 25%
- But it’s not just Apple stock that’s dropping, the DOW is also way down.
- Amazon is down 25% too. $1500 down from $2000.
- In Max Yuryev’s tests, the new Vega 20 GPU was 25-35% faster than the 560X GPU in various benchmarks.
- We’re waiting for Final Cut Pro tests, but I get they’ll be even faster there.
- In Dave 2D’s premier render tests, the Vega 20 is almost twice as fast as the 560X