This week on CultCast:
Apple has powered up the new iPad so much, it’s hard to resist! Plus: what you need to know about iOS 11.3; everything Apple revealed at its “field trip” event; report says Watch Plus is incoming; and you asked, we answer—from the best Home apps, to our Mac Mini predictions, to Commando Vs. Predator—we answer your most burning questions.
This episode supported by:
- Easily create a website by yourself, at Squarespace.com. Use offer code CultCast at checkout to get 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain.
- Print postage from your office and take advantage of special shipping discounts at pb.com/cultcast, and beat the postage rate increase with exclusive discounts on letters. Plans start at just $5 a month!
- CultCloth will keep your iPhone 8/X, Apple Watch, Mac and iPad sparkling clean, and for a limited time you can use code "CULTCAST" to score a free CleanCloth with any order at CultCloth.co.
- The Cult of Mac Watch Store has the best straps in the biz!
- We also want to give Kevin MacLeod at Incompetech.com a thanks for the great music you hear on today’s show.
Come say helloooooo!
The BEST subreddit you are going to read, ALL week long! thecultcast.reddit.com
Notes and Links:
Apple is finally selling a space gray keyboard and mouse
- Mac fans that love the look of the new space gray iMac Pro — but don’t want to plop down four grand — can finally buy the computer’s coveted accessories separately.
- The space grey keyboard costs $149. That’s $20 more than the normal silver keyboard Buying a space gray
- Magic Mouse will set you back $99, while the normal version costs just $79. * The black Lightning cable that comes with the iMac Pro is still exclusively available to iMac Pro owners, though.
New in iOS 11.3
- New Animoji
- Battery tools
- Privacy popups
- HomePod update
Everything Apple revealed at its ‘field trip’ event
- New 9.7inch iPad
- Updates to iWork
- Updated Classroom and new Schoolwork Cloud Apps
- More iCloud storage for students and teachers
iPad vs. iPad Pro: Which is right for you?
- According to early benchmarks, the new iPad is the fastest Apple device behind the iPad Pro and the latest iPhone lineup. It also outperforms both the iPhone 7 and the iPhone 7 Plus.
- $329 for 32GB, $429 for $429
- Three times faster than iPad Air, and almost twice as fast a as the Air 2. Almost 80% faster than the 2017 iPad.