WWDC 2019 is right around the corner, and a new report sheds light on everything Apple's prepping to reveal. We discuss! Plus: the magic of Corning glass, and how making your iPhone just slightly thicker would make it indestructible. And we reveal how and why Jony Ive and team created the massive mystery rainbow structure now present at the heart of Apple Park.
This episode supported by:
- Dashlane is the official password manager of Cult of Mac. It's so good, even El Kahney's mummy uses it! Use it for free for one device at Dashlane.com/CultofMac.
- Easily create a beautiful website all by yourself, at Squarespace.com/cultcast. Use offer code CultCast at checkout to get 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain.
- CultCloth will keep your iPhone Xs/Xr, Apple Watch, Mac and iPad sparkling clean, and for a limited time use code CULTCAST at checkout to score a free CleanCloth with any order at CultCloth.co.
- The Cult of Mac Watch Store has the best straps in the biz!
- We also want to give Kevin MacLeod at Incompetech.com a thanks for the great music you hear on today’s show.
Come say hellooooo!
The BEST subreddit you are going to read, ALL week long! thecultcast.reddit.com
Notes and Links:
- Apple Inc. is planning to unleash a slew of new apps, features and development tools at its annual software conference next month.
- It’s the latest creation by Jony Ive’s team — and it’s just as thoughtfully and intricately designed as you might imagine.