The super useful iOS 13 features you haven’t heard about! Plus: we discuss the best new features in iPadOS. And we’ll tell you about our favorite new gadgets in an all-new Under Review.
This episode supported by:
- Easily create a beautiful website all by yourself, at Squarespace.com/cultcast. Use offer code CultCast at checkout to get 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain.
- The NETGEAR Nighthawk WiFi 6 router gives you ultra-fast speeds and wider coverage throughout your home – it’s the biggest revolution in WiFi ever. Check it out today at Netgear.com/wifi6.
- CultCloth will keep your iPhone Xs/Xr, Apple Watch, Mac and iPad sparkling clean, and for a limited time use code CULTCAST at checkout to score a free CleanCloth with any order at CultCloth.co.
- The Cult of Mac Watch Store has the best straps in the biz!
- We also want to give Kevin MacLeod at Incompetech.com a thanks for the great music you hear on today’s show.
Come say hellooooo!
The BEST subreddit you are going to read, ALL week long! thecultcast.reddit.com
Notes and Links:
- iOS 13 now presents a popup notification when an app is using your location in the background, and the notification shows a map of the location data a specific app has tracked.
- In iOS 13, integrated right into Apple Maps, you can share your journey status with your contacts in a feature called Share ETA.
- NFC — the technology that helps power Apple Pay as well other clever features for iOS apps like Launch Center Pro’s tappable stickers — is getting a big upgrade with the launch of iOS 13
- The iOS 13 Shortcuts app has been updated to support automatic scheduled and location-based shortcuts
- But it also includes NFC triggers. So if you have a compatible iPhone, you can combine NFC tags with Shortcuts.
- That is, you can run any shortcut just by tapping your iPhone onto an NFC sticker.