Apple’s working on something BIG, and their massive increase in R&D spending proves it. Plus: we discuss all the surprises Apple unveiled in their recent earnings report, and it was another record breaker. And if you think your conversations with Siri are private, think again! Apple’s been caught reviewing your most personal sound bytes. We’ll give you the details. And finally, a new Moviepass competitor has emerged with a very interesting offer, but is it worth the price?
This episode supported by:
- Easily create a beautiful website all by yourself, at Squarespace.com/cultcast. Use offer code CultCast at checkout to get 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain.
- CultCloth will keep your iPhone Xs/Xr, Apple Watch, Mac and iPad sparkling clean, and for a limited time use code CULTCAST at checkout to score a free CleanCloth with any order at CultCloth.co.
- Cult of Mac's watch store is full of beautiful straps that cost way less than Apple's. See the full curated collection at Store.Cultofmac.com.
- We also want to give Kevin MacLeod at Incompetech.com a thanks for the great music you hear on today’s show.
Come say hellooooo!
The BEST subreddit you are going to read, ALL week long! thecultcast.reddit.com
This Week's Stories:
- iPhone is no longer king
- Mac Pro could make an American comeback
- Apple Card is coming in August
- R&D is at an all-time high
- Apple contractors regularly hear confidential medical information, drug deals, and recordings of couples having sex, as part of their job providing quality control, or “grading”, the company’s Siri voice assistant, the Guardian has learned.
- The plan comes in three tiers: Regal Unlimited for $18 a month for unlimited movies at more than 200 theaters; Regal Unlimited Plus for $21 a month for unlimited movies at more than 400 theaters; and Regal Unlimited All Access for $23.50 a month for unlimited movies at any Regal theater.