We just completed our first week with iPhone 11 Pro, and it's even better than we hoped. We'll dive into all the features we love most. Plus: details are emerging about iPhone 12, and we like what we're seeing! And is Apple Watch series 5 worth the upgrade? We discuss...
This episode supported by:
- Easily create a beautiful website all by yourself, at Squarespace.com/cultcast. Use offer code CultCast at checkout to get 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain.
- CultCloth will keep your iPhone, Apple Watch, Mac and iPad sparkling clean, and for a limited time use code CULTCAST at checkout to score a free CleanCloth with any order at CultCloth.co.
- Cult of Mac's watch store is full of beautiful straps that cost way less than Apple's. See the full curated collection at Store.Cultofmac.com.
- We also want to give Kevin MacLeod at Incompetech.com a thanks for the great music you hear on today’s show.
Come say hellooooo!
The BEST subreddit you are going to read, ALL week long! thecultcast.reddit.com
This Week's Stories:
- This thing is a beauty. The first thing you notice is the glass back. The frosted matte finish makes it semi-translucent, giving it a weirdly illusory depth. It looks great. Not even the controversial, compound-eye camera bump can spoil its good looks. The iPhone 11 Pro Max is the best-looking iPhone to date, and I love it.
- Apple could go back to one of its most beloved iPhone designs with next year’s iPhone refresh. According to a new report from seasoned Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, Apple’s 2020 iPhone redesign will resemble the iPhone 4.
- Disassembling the latest Apple Watch doesn’t find very much that’s different from last year’s model. That doesn’t mean there aren’t improvements in the new Series 5; they’re just not visible in a teardown, even one done by the experts at iFixit.